Photo Album

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Way back Wednesday

Today i will be looking at my trip to The Chak Chak Zoroastrian Fire Temple!

"The village of Chak Chak, also known as Pir-e Sabz, consists of a shrine perched beneath a towering cliff face in the desert of central Iran. It is the most sacred of the Zoroastrian mountain shrines. Located near the city of Ardakan in Yazd province, Chak Chak serves as a pilgrimage point for pious Zoroastrians"

Now let me just tell you this was one hell of a climb!


Just a bit up the mountain


View from the top


Inside the Fire Temple


Me looking gloomy and the view :)

I hope everyone enjoyed this weeks Way back Wednesday!

4 comments:

  1. These pics are amazing Lu!!!!

    And you dont look gloomy! You look great

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Chak Chak, it's so nice. Also the place is really holy.
    I've been there more than 5 times.
    Your pics are really nice.

    ReplyDelete